If you go to a doctor and/or health care provider, a note signed by the provider must be provided to the attendance office upon your return to school.
When returning to school after an absence, a student must bring a note signed by the parent.
A student is considered absent if he/she missed more than 20 minutes of a class. Only a principal, their designee, or the attendance secretary may excuse an absence or tardy.
If a student must leave early and is driving:
A guardian/parent must send a note or e-mail to appropriate secretary at least 1 hour before the student is to leave campus.
Every attempt will be made to verify that it is a parent.
If bringing a note, the student needs to bring the note to the office before school.
When a student leaves campus beacuse they are being picked up by their parents, they MUST sign out in the EAST office.
We cannot accept phone calls requesting early release.
Students are expected to remain on campus until the end of the school day.
Student Safety and Checkout Procedures
Student safety is our primary concern, including accountability for students during the school day.
Early Release Requests:
- Parents/guardians should email the attendance clerks at least 1 hour before the dismissal request.
- All parent/guardian emails must be received from an email address that we have on file.
- A pass will be prepared and waiting in the Attendance Office for your student to pick up during passing periods or during their lunch period. It is the student's responsibility to stop by the attendance office to pick up their pass.
- At the appropriate release time, the students will show the pass to the teacher and come to the office to check out.
- Student drivers MUST pick up their pass from the Attendance Office before leaving campus. Failure to check out with the Office will result in disciplinary action.
- Parents who are picking up a student will come to the front door to show ID and wait outside for their student to meet them.
- We cannot accept phone calls requesting early release.
Walk-in Early Release Requests:
- If you are coming in person to pick up your student, please have your identification (Driver’s license) ready to show the Front Office personnel.
- Walk-in requests for check-out will not be taken after 3:15 PM.
- Please plan time for us to run a pass to the student’s class and notify the student you are here as well as traffic delays in the area.
- Anyone picking up a student, other than a parent/guardian, must be listed as an Emergency contact in the student’s file.
Please email your early release request to the appropriate email and allow ample time for dismissals (at least 1 hour before). Due to the volume of emails we receive, there may be a delay in preparing a pass for your student. Please send request as early in the school day as possible.
Early release emails:
· A – L firstname.lastname@example.org
· M – Z email@example.com
Students who are ill:
- If your student is feeling sick, please have them go to the Nurse’s Office.
- The nurse will call if your student needs to be picked up from school.
Reporting a student absence.
Please send an email to the Attendance Office (email addresses above) to let us know that your student will be absent for the day. We must have this information in writing.